Website copy can be a great way of grabbing the attention of the visitors. You create the best website, put amazing elements in it to distinguish it from your competitors. Your perspective will be to get a good traffic on your website, which ultimately gives you a good business. Website copy is one such important element in your website, which cannot be ignored. Offer your visitors the compelling content, and see your conversion rate boosting. Here are some tips which will help you improve the copy of your website, so that you can achieve your business goal without any hassle.
The correct selection and usage of words on your website can convince the visitor to become a reader, and this will give you a chance to impress them with your skills and services. While creating a website copy, you must think as a salesperson, your content must appeal your customer to an extent, that he must get convinced to buy it. Your services should be presented in a way that the first time visitor must consider you as the most eligible company to work with.
1. The first tip which will help you in getting started with the website content is bringing out the short, informative and easy headline to avoid any confusion. Headlines are the most important part of the web copy, these can grab the attention of the visitor, and encourage him to take a look at the written content.
Make sure the headline is bold and highlighted.
Most importantly, it should be uncomplicated.
Size matters. Try to deliver your message in a short sentence. Long statements won’t harm, but the crisp one’s are more effective.
Try to summarize your message in a short line, and use supporting text beneath the heading to increase its importance.
Connect with the visitor by addressing his problems or focus on the advantage of choosing you over the other people in the same industry.
2. Make the website more readable: Too much content on a website can also distract the user. You must divide the content in a sub categories to make it more interesting and point specific. This will allow the user to find the content he is interested in reading, rather than scanning the complete website first and then finding the exact information.
It’s always good to break the content in parts, and summarize it under the important headings.
3. Make it Keyword Enrich: One of the important SEO tasks is to have a keyword enriched website, so that you don’t miss a chance to be ranked on the search engines. Research for the correct keywords for your web pages, and stuff them in a way, that the content appears readable and informative. Don’t just stuff the keyword anywhere, you have to make sure that the content makes sense and the usage is relevant.
Google analytics can help you find the best keywords for all the web pages, which can bring the traffic to your website. Conduct A/B testing, and keep updating the content to increase the conversions.
4. Add Anchor Text: The hyper-linked text on your website will navigate the user to the more detailed page of the product or service which needs to be explained more minutely. It is the best way to keep your home page precise.
5. Bold the positives: Your USP will fetch a good traffic on your website. Bring it to the notice of the users, and increase the chances of conversions.
6. Don’t stuff the pages: As said, too much content on a website can do harm to your site. The visitor who caught your attention won’t take too much pain to read everything. Produce shorter content for the pages, and be specific to improve the rankings on the search pages.
7. Call to Action: Making so much effort on your website shows you mean strict business. Persuade the visitors with an effective call to action on the important pages, so that they are just a step away in reaching you.
8. Get straight to the point: The visitor of your website is there for a purpose. If you solve that purpose with a direct message or solution, you hold a strong chance to be considered by the user.
9. Build Customer Satisfaction: It is essential to win the trust of the customers, and this can be done by delivering what is promised by you. Stick to your words and prove your trustworthiness with the best services as mentioned on your website.
10. Keep Reader in Mind: Draft content that is important to your target group. Keep your choices and preferences aside, and focus entirely on your readers. Highlight their requirements, problems and state your role as a problem solver.
Keep these important tips in mind, and create web content that can boost the conversions.